My new iPad: what I love about it and why it’s going to change the way you interact with media
The iPad is amazing. I think it's a game-changer. It's sex.
Not “sexy”. It's sex.
Here's what I love…it's like having a “life panel” in front of you – the entire body of human knowledge and experience on a piece of glass…
Here's what I'm doing with it…and why I love it so much:
- Watching movies on it. Netflix app lets you watch any of their “on demand” movies in real-time
- The sketch program from Autodesk is incredible
- Email…I really like it
- All my music, movies, podcasts transferred over nicely
- All my AppleTV purchases transferred nicely
- I'm going to use it as my home entertainment control center for all the music
- New York Times app – it looks better than any newspaper
- I'm giving away my Kindle. The Kindle application is much nicer than the Kindle hardware
- USA Today. Beautiful.
- Magazines are dead. The “new” magazine will look like a magazine except they'll be interactive, include video, you'll be able to post video reviews, interact with other readers, do community…
- Battery life is very impressive.
- My son is in love with it – he's already a reader, this really got him excited
- I'm not a gamer (big waste of time), but the games on it are fantastic
- I'd rather hold it or have it on my lap and watch TV on it than watch TV
- Catalogs, brochures, etc. will move over…
- It's beautiful work of art. Substantive and nice to hold…
I bought the 64gig wifi model and have the mobile cellular ATT version ordered too…
(plus I won two of them in affiliate contests)
So my plan is to have one for personal “carry around” use and the other for at home…
This isn't about the iPad, it's about changing the way people will interact with media, companies, brands and people.
I believe this is a new category of the “information experience”…
My Podcast with
Founder of Strategic Coach®
How You, Your Marriage, Family and Business Can Survive and Thrive Through Cancer Diagnosis, Treatment and Recovery
Money Phone: How to Turn Your Smartphone into a Six Figure Money-Making Marketing Machine and Enroll Big Ticket Clients Quickly and Easily with Mobile Text and Video Marketing